Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chopping Block Update #2

It's time we discuss the eventual fate of Twister...Ride it Out.

Recently (a month ago I believe), Twister lost one of the thrilling elements for the ride... the part where the floor drops (it was working last January when I visited).

From VitaminsAndGravy at Orlando United:

I was at Universal about a month ago and I was excited to experience Twister: Ride it Out again. I had experienced this attraction a few years prior and I was always surprised by the floor drop at the end even though I knew it was coming.

Well, this time I was definitely surprised, but only because there was no floor drop. Needless to say I was disappointed. How long as this effect been turned off? Is this permanent or did I just hit the attraction on a week they had it turned off?


And some people are speculated that the ride is done for and could be removed soon. From Splatter at Orlando United:

If it is still not working than it is a major thing that has not been fixed yet, if it continues to go on without getting fixed than I would say it is the beginning of the end.


Splatter predicts more omens for Twister in BehindtheThrills:

So Twister has gone down seasonally last year for a while.

Twister has a shell of a former full queue that it once did have with movie vehicle theming and other authentic props as well as a kansas themed boneyard of goodies. Rockit ruined that and it just cuts you right into the preshow holding area.

Twister recently popped up (and has before) in guest satisfaction Survey with a select few other rides comparison. They seem to tweak them around and the two that consistently show up are Jimmy and Twister.

Twister is now without its floor drop. It has been missing for weeks and has yet to be repaired.

Not looking good for Twister.


TRANSLATION IN MY SIGHT (I don't want to say Rockit's ruined anything =P):

February 10, 2009, Twister was put on a seasonal schedule (like Fear Factor) but reopened March 7, 2009 (?), but it still took a while.

In July 12, 2008, Twister's queue was fenced off for construction of Rockit. It now directs you to just the pre-show (I knew there was something weird about how short the queue was in January. There was a cow advertisement thing there though).

Recently, Universal has been giving surveys to which attraction should go next, and both Twister and E.T. were listed the most.

As of last March, the floor drop was axed.

Now here are some omens for Back to the Future's demise:

* Cars got rough.
* The series was outdated.
* The left dome was closed off before the closure of the ride was announced.

As for my sight... I really hope Twister isn't next. Some people dislike it, but I LOVE it!

Anyways, I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Driving Force of Nature said...

I like this one too.

Driving Force of Nature said...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nick-Fury-Will-Get-A-S-H-I-E-L-D-Movie-After-The-Avengers-18571.html

Kyle said...

Nice find! B)