Friday, May 14, 2010

Chopping Block Update #3

Rumors are spreading that T2 might be removed for a clone of the Transformers ride (a month ago). When I first heard this rumor, I thought "Nope! T2 isn't going anywhere!" But I found some news on Screamscape in USJ.

After reading the news, it seems to me like T2's removal may be more real than I initially thought. Here's the news:

2013 - Rumor - Transformers - (5/7/10) Is Univesal Studios Japan looking to get in on the Transformers ride action? According to a mystery e-mail I got today, the park may be looking into closing their Terminator 2/3-D attraction in the future to may way for a Transformers ride as early as 2013. After all, we know the Japanese love giant robots. My only concern however is that the Transformers ride is supposed to be fairly similar, technology wise, to the Spiderman ride, and at Universal Studios Japan, Spiderman is virtually next door to T2/3D.


Well, if this comes true, then Transformers is probably bound to go to USF soon replacing T2. But I said it once, and I'll say it again... if we can have two 3D film attractions in the same park/resort, and if WDW can have 3 omni-mover dark rides... we can get Transformers, Spider-Man or not.

No comments: