Saturday, October 2, 2010

After Cheetaka...

Well, we all know that BGT is building a new coaster for 2011. So now, what should BGT build next? I know it's too early (especially the fact that the coaster hasn't even been announced yet), but it's fun to speculate. So what should BGT build? I came up with the following:

1. Simulator - An example is the old Akbar simulator, which failed. They should reuse it as another simulator, because BGT is lacking indoor rides. This year, BGW opened a simulator called "Europe in the Air." I would love to see something similar in the Akbar building taking you over Africa, seeing the wonders of Africa, like the Pyramids of Egypt, a Moroccan village, the Nile, and other areas of Africa.

2. Dark Ride - This is another ride BGT is lacking, while BGW isn't lacking. In 2005, BGW opened the Curse of DarKastle, a 3D thrill ride similar to Spider-Man. It would be neat if something like that were to go up in the Egypt section (tearing out some of the premium parking lot, while making the rest handicapped).

3. Flat Rides - Another thing BGT lacks, while BGW has (in fact, I think the only flats at BGT are the Phoenix, which I have no real desire to ride =P, the Ubanga-Banga Bumper Cars, my favorite flat ride in the park, Sandstorm, another decent flat ride, and the Caravan Carousel. And most are in Timbuktu). I recently found out that BGW is building a drop tower by the name of Mäch Tower. I would love to see something similar come to BGT, like maybe in Stanleyville. Like maybe by the Stanleyville Train Station and the bridge from Bird Gardens/Sesame Street into Stanleyville. Here's what I mean:



It would be about 240 ft., which is taller than SheiKra. This would look so cool next to SheiKra.

And how should the ride be, you ask? It should use the same technology as Mäch Tower: a Gyro-style drop tower by Moser Rides (who made Wild Surge too), rotates on top, and drops.

Well, these are my ideas.

No comments: