Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is Universal's Next Project?

With HP now open, I'm starting to wonder what Universal's next project will be (BTW, I'm going there next weekend! =D). Due to the money spent on HP, the maximum we could be seeing next year is a show (probably replacing Fear Factor... and for crying out loud Universal, PLEASE REPLACE THIS!!!) unless you count the apartment complexes being built behind MIB, Fear Factor, and Jaws. =P Here's some possibilities for the future additions/improvements at UOR:

Next Ride to go:

A few months back, Screamscape reported the following rides over at the Studios that could be removed for a future attraction:

Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast
Twister
Terminator 2: 3D
E.T. Adventure

I personally am starting to doubt Neutron's closure. It was said to close this Spring, and guess what... it's summer. It's also worth noting that the rocket over the entrance was taken down a few months back, but now it's back up. I doubt UOR would waste their time taking down the rocket and putting it back up, only to close the ride soon. It would be a complete waste of time. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong, so I'm not going to let my guard down just yet.

Now Twister... recently a new floor drop was installed (the one from the now demolished Backdraft in Hollywood) and the attraction seemed to be better than ever to some people. I'm starting to doubt this removal too... but who knows? I recall that some rides start to run better than ever before they close (Great American Scream Machine and Back to the Future are examples). But I'm starting to doubt it anyway.

T2:3D... see my previous posts for more info. Though, I do remember Screamscape reported that T2:3D in Japan will be replaced by a clone of the Transformers ride debuting in Hollywood. I still doubt it completely though...

E.T. Adventure... while the ride does need a refurb (*cough*old vehicles*cough*) it's a classic ride, that shouldn't be removed. But it could be possible, seeing as how Hollywood and Japan have removed theirs (and the ride ended up not going up in Singapore, even though it was confirmed to). It still needs to stay though...

With that being said, I think it's time for Universal to start expanding and not replacing other attractions besides FFL...

Transformers:

I still have this feeling that Transformers will end up coming to Orlando.

Hulk Refurb:

I heard that Hulk has a clean spot in the mist tunnel, but STILL NO REPAINT! Argh... it needs one, though it's probably going to happen when the HP crowds die down. I'm still praying for LEDs and sound effects on the trains with that repaint (Screamscape reported it a few weeks back)... now that would be cool! =D

Water Park Coming Soon?:

I'm pretty sure some of us know by now that Screamscape reported a few weeks back that an online survey is up talking about a possible new water park being added. I had this thought... the plot of land between Hollywood Way and I-4. That land is huge and perfect for a water park. Anyways, I'll keep you updated on this development.

No comments: