Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another August Announcement

From CstrzRock at CoasterForce:

I was at the ERT event last night. Six Flags was really nice and catered the event, had stiltwalkers with shiny american flag themed outfits, and had a band (pop punk cover band that was pretty awful, but oh well). They also had a silent auction of some construction photos and first press photos.

I did catch something when I was eavesdropping after the last ride. I heard some ACErs joking with one of the managers. They said "What's the new ride going to be called? Revenge of Chang?" and she laughed and then replied "What about P.F. Chang?" There was a lot of wink, wink, nod, nod going on there. While she didn't confirm completely that Chang was coming, it was pretty obvious that was what she was trying to say without explicitly saying it. She did confirm that an announcement would be made in August. She also wouldn't confirm what would happen to GASM.

I don't know why GAdv would get a stand-up. They already had Shockwave back in the day and that coaster has been in storage at Darien Lake since 2006. I don't know if it is actually still in storage or what. Did Six Flags also sell that coaster when they sold Darien Lake? I mean I guess they only had Shockwave for 2 years so it makes sense maybe.


Guess Cedar Point isn't the only one with an announcement this August. It seems Six Flags Great Adventure is announcing their 2011 addition this August as well.

Stay tuned for more news!

No comments: