Friday, October 16, 2009

E.T. Update

Screamscape:

2010 - New Attraction - Confirmed - (10/16/09) I’m not sure if this is related or not, but I’ve heard the name “Project Peachy” thrown around in reference to something at Universal Studios Japan. I’m thinking that this might be a reference to the new attraction going into the old E.T. building, but I’m not sure. It was rumored the ride’s theme was based on a Japanese Anime show, but I’m a bit out of touch on what’s hip in Anime these days, so does “Peachy” seem like a reference to anything in particular? (Other than Mario Brothers…)
I’ve also heard that at one point the Japanese were possibly looking into getting their own version of Revenge of the Mummy. I’m not sure if this is an evolution of that line of thought, or if the Mummy still intends to set foot in Japan someday. Certainly Mummy has become a staple attraction in the Universal playbook, with new versions confirmed for both Universal Studios Singapore and Dubailand.

I don't know what this "Project Peachy" is, but I have to agree with Screamscape. I'm shocked that USJ does not have the Revenge of the Mummy coaster. They need the Mummy! Please! I know they already have Hollywood Dream. If they have Revenge of the Mummy, the park will be even more popular! :D

Anyways, rumors were at first that Hannah-Barbera would come, then a Sailor Moon ride (I never heard of that Animé), and now this "Project Peachy." I heard of similar names like "Project Coin" a.k.a. Revenge of the Mummy (Florida), "Project Rumble" a.k.a. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Florida), and "Project Fish" a.k.a. Simpsons Ride (Florida).


No comments: