Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chang is Going "Bye-Bye"

Remember that post I had earlier in the month about a rumor that Chang may be removed from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom to get relocated. Well as of yesterday, the rumor has been proven true. Yes, SFKK has come clean with their plans to relocate Chang. The B&M Stand-Up coaster which opened in 1997 will be relocated to another Six Flags park for some water park expansion (sounds to me like SFKK is becoming Geauga Lake). Now my reaction, I find it shocking that they are removing it just for the water park to appear. I was under the impression that Chang was popular and that the people loved it.

It is unknown where it will be relocated, but most speculate it will be in Six Flags Great America (has 4 B&Ms). Some speculate it will be in Six Flags America (has no B&Ms) or Six Flags Great Adventure (has 4 B&Ms) where both of them have yet to get a stand-up. Another rumor suggests it will be relocated to Six Flags Magic Mountain (has 4 B&Ms) with just the trains sent to Six Flags Great America. I think it should appear at Six Flags America where the park has not only yet to get a stand-up, but also has yet to get a B&M. Six Flags Great Adventure would be nice too, but I want a park that does not have a B&M to experience it. Six Flags Great America or Six Flags Magic Mountain? No. If it is relocated to either of those places, it would mean removing Riddler's Revenge or Iron Wolf. So yeah... I choose Six Flags America.

No comments: