Monday, December 6, 2010

What Could Knott's Be Dealing With...?

Over the past few days I have been reading rumors of what Knott's supposed 2012 coaster may be. There are plenty of rumors that have been spreading around ThemeParkReview. So the rumors are:

MACK LSM Launch Coaster:

It was started about a month ago in the Rumor Superthread (in TPR) by Team Thriller:

I sat with one of the main designers of Mack on Blue Fire on my last trip to Europa Park. (He also as worked with Intanim on some of their coasters as helped actually design Blue Fire) But he told me a Mack Launch Coaster (just like Blue Fire) is heading to a park in California in the next few years. He couldn't tell me which one though, but he told me the park has already purchased it.


While my best guess is SeaWorld San Diego (there have been rumors of Project Reef Runner launch coaster for 2014), Knott's could also be a possibility. Of course, they already have three launch rides (Xcelerator, Pony Express, and Montezooma's Revenge), so that might not be the best market to go after (not that I would hate to see it happen, I would love more MACK launches. Just saying).

Intamin Giga Coaster:

Ranger Rick at MiceChat posted an interesting rumor last summer of a 300 ft. coaster that is housed in Kingdom of the Dinosaurs and would go to the Sky Cabin, and into the backstage area in the south side (which would also mean the removal of Perilous Plunge and the Sky Cabin, which was removed but for WindSeeker instead). This seems likely with Intimidator 305 being a success over in Virginia, and Knott's lacking a true airtime coaster (I haven't been on Xcelerator... but I will this Winter Break). Another rumor was brought up by SharkTums at ThemeParkReview (see a previous post for more info) about a Giga.

B&M Hypercoaster:

This also seems likely, with Cedar Fair spending a plethora of money on B&M hypers in the last few years (Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland, Diamondback at Kings Island, and Intimidator at Carowinds) and, once again, they lack the airtime coaster category.

For now, I'm sticking with the Giga and Hyper (though I also wouldn't mind a MACK Launch like Blue Fire).

No comments: