Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recently...

Sorry for not posting much lately, but recently...

Intimidator:

Testing has begun on February 4, 2010. Here is a video made by Wormy at Carowinds Connection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9jsFVrQsz4

Not too much anymore. Just landscaping, queue, entrance, etc. and well... VoĆ­la!

Intimidator 305:

http://www.intimidator305.com/public/latest/gallery/

If you look at the first four pics, you can see that the train has indeed arrived. Only, it wasn't my latest UOTI when it came... it was February 11, 2010. I've also received report today that the first part is on top of the lift. I'm not sure if this means testing or not. Clint Novak is getting an update today.

SFKK Closes:

http://www.sixflags.com/national/footernav/kentuckykingdom.aspx

To be honest, I'm not really surprised of this outcome. With the Chang relocation, NW Territory closure, and they've had no ride since 2003, when a used Greezed Lightning came to the park. However, the park is having conflicts with the Kentucky Fairgrounds, not allowing any ride removals. Six Flags property includes Chang (ruled out, because it's already gone), T2 (from what I've heard, this is a very rough coaster, but I hope they save it. Sue me, I actually like rough coasters), Penguin's Blizzard River (a concrete river rapids, need I say more), some of Twisted Twins (the trains are gone, this is coming down), and Mile High Falls (they could relocate, I'm not sure). All others, including Thunder Run, the kiddie rides, and Greezed Lightning are part of fairgrounds. I hope Six Flags finds some way to get the rights of relocating their rides for SFKK.

Project 2011 at Busch Gardens:

A plethora of survey markers have appeared. There are some in the old Clydesdale Hamlet, outside the Skyride, by the opening of the Skyride, by the entrance of the Edge of Africa exhibit, in front of the Nairobi Train Station, and in the wet portion of Rhino Rally. Also, there will be a big February 25th announcement. Initially, Project 2011 sprang to my head, but last night it was actually said to be Sesame Street info. However, next month, there will be a bigger announcement. I betcha the coaster will be announced that day. Also, on February 10, 2010, a building permit has been filed for an animal interactive area. I'm assuming the queue will be something like Manta at SeaWorld with an animal exhibit and an alternative animal exhibit. On that same day, BGT updated their ride rehab page. It now states that the Skyride will close June 1st, 2010 to the end of the year or beyond (thus confirming rumors of the monorail side becoming the station), and the Serengeti Express will close April 17th to May 27th, right before the Skyride. This wasn't the first time the train was closed for construction, as back in 2004 (I think), they rerouted it for SheiKra construction. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening. There are also rumors spreading that a new walkway will be added from the Edge of Africa to Nairobi (probably by Rhino Rally's entrance). Also, in yesterday's Behind the Thrills park update, there is a backhoe by the hippo exhibit. I'm assuming construction is starting.

No comments: