Sunday, November 8, 2009

Universal Future Discussion

Well, since I am kinda bored and I want to shed some life here, I thought I would discuss the Universal Futures that were established by "Through My Eyes" on July 2008.

Universal Future #1:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is really progressing. Hogwarts looks nearly complete and Hogsmeade is looking good too. The Hogwarts Express has arrived last week and boy does it look good? :) And yes, Dueling Dragons is still open.

Universal Future #2:

Already well known, UF2 has been brought back, because Jimmy Neutron may close in spring 2010. I am thinking of a plan to keep the ride alive. I am thinking of making shirts showing a picture of Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast and putting "Save it!" under the picture. I may post some concept art of the shirt soon.

Universal Future #3:

I was thinking of eliminating this since Rockit is open, but I decided to see how it is doing. Just being Curious George here! :P

Universal Future #4:

I discovered that Japan did not hear of the Simpsons, but I will not let this go as in Screamscape...

2011/2012 - Back To The Future Replacement - Rumor - (8/23/09) This rumor may be a bit ahead of it’s time, but one source suggests that Universal Japan is ready to retire their version of Back To The Future as well by 2011/2012. As The Simpon’s are not really hugely well known characters in Japan as they are in America, porting in a clone of the same Simpsons ride is not an option. However the rumor we’ve heard is a bit of a stunner, as our source claims that they may be looking an at option to license Batman from WB to create new simulator ride themed to The Dark Knight. DeLorean… meet The Tumbler. Now of course the really odd question is... can Spiderman and Batman co-exist in the same park, being from two different comic book companies? Maybe not in the USA, but I do think it would work in Japan where they are both viewed as just American Superhero comics. Plus we know that at one point in time Universal was attempting to build a Batman themed attraction for Islands of Adventure when the park was first just a concept.

So BTTF may still close, but it WILL NOT be replaced by the Simpsons Ride. I wish the Japanese knew the Simpsons :( (but Dark Knight would still be cool). They could always cut the dome of BTTF in half for that Dark Knight ride (as I stated in an early post) keeping Back to the Future on the other side. Japan's BTTF is the only one left and once we lose it... BTTF: The Ride will be gone... forever.

Universal Future #5:

Fear Factor recently was rumored to close for good. I really hope this is true. As I mentioned a plethora of times already, I hate that show. I sent a letter the other day to convince Universal to tear out that piece of barf and replace it with Mamma Mia.

No comments: