Thursday, August 27, 2009

Say "Bye-Bye" to Land of the Dragons

Just now at NewsPlusNotes, I discovered that Busch Gardens Africa's Sesame Street project has been announced under the name Sesame Street Safari of Fun. The name kind of resembles Sesame Street Forest of Fun which opened last spring at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia. Here are the list of rides:

Air Grover - A kiddie coaster that will send you over the Sahara on Grover's plane.
Elmo's Safari Go-Round - A carousel that will take riders for a spin on safari animals.
Zoe-Patra & the Hippos of the Nile - A mini-flume themed to the Nile River.
Sesame Street Presents Lights, Camera, Imagination - A popular 4D film.

It will open in spring 2010 replacing Land of the Dragons. I think LOD will be surrounded by construction walls by the time I go to BGA in Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Driving Force of Nature said...

It's too bad because I had a lot of fun there, but I trust Busch Gardens to put something cool there. Space is tight!

Kyle said...

Yeah I was a fan of Land of the Dragons too. :( But BGA can be trusted. :)