Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Band Trip Photos

Universal Band Trip 2009:

On May 8, 2009, I had a band trip to Universal. I saw the new Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit for the first time. The photos have finally arrived! Enjoy! (Note: Some photos also show construction updates on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter)



















We have arrived at 7 am.



















We are preparing for the concert at CityWalk. I play the alto saxophone.



















That's the new Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit roller coaster as seen from where we performed. I felt very happy when I saw it. It just looks so cool!



















Mr. Rubio is conducting.



















After the concert, we went to Islands of Adventure. What you see above is Hogsmeade under construction as part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Dueling Dragons is still open as of then and as of today. This was taken from the temporary bridge.



















Marmaduke! Leave Mom alone!



















That's Hogwarts under construction. Last time I was at Universal (with my cousin) they were just putting up support beams for Hogwarts. Now there is concrete and there is a mysterious wall growing in front of Hogwarts. There is a temporary entrance to Dueling Dragons and the Flying Unicorn is now closed. Man construction picked up when I was gone!



















I mean, just look at that!



















I can just imagine how this will look like next year!



















This is iconic pic #1: Us in the exit of Doctor Doom. I'm behind those kids.



















This is iconic pic #2. You can see me better now!



















That's at the end of the day. That's me with the thumbs up. (NOTE: These next few photos were taken by me. The last photos were taken by mom.)



















If you look above the Hard Rock Cafe in this photo, you see the top of Rockit's lift tower.



















Sorry for the blur in this photo. You can see some of the CityWalk portion of the coaster in this photo.



















A much better view of the CityWalk portion.



















To wrap it up, an overview of the lift, the drop, the double take, and the first block brake. There was a crane in the first block this morning. By the end of the day, it was gone. The crane as you see on the lift went up from the double take to the lift while the concert was happening (especially when it had a suspended cage with a person).

Well that wraps things up. When you look from these photos to more recent photos, Rockit really made progress.

No comments: