Sunday, January 15, 2012

Six Flags Ride Rotation Rumors

From JJ2K at Great Adventure History forums:

The mumblings I'm hearing from within the park all seem to be pointing to this season quite possibly being the last season for Bizarro. From what I have been able to piece together and again I can't confirm any of this but it does come from a collection of reliable sources is that all of the parks in the SF chain were asked to submit to corporate a coaster to be put on the "list" for ride rotation. Gadv was told they could not submit SUF because Gam had already put their SUF on the list so there was absolutely no other choice that could be made Bizarro was pretty much forced on the list.

More things I'm hearing suggest that the five "big parks": Gadv, MM, Gam, oT & oG are all required to give a coaster to the ride rotation program once every 5 years....Gam & MM have already done so. One source of mine claims however that gadv, MM & Gam have three coasters on their 5 year plans. The push that seems to be getting made right now for this year is that Bizarro is out...IMO its likely destination is between SFstl & SFoT. And 2013 we will be getting an all new B&M coaster in its spot.....I have my fingers crossed its a B&M 4D and NOT a wing rider.....but the hurtful pit in the bottom of my stomach tells me its a wing rider which makes me angry cause I've been actively posting that I wanted a B&M 4D since 2003! And you know if we get a wing rider it means you can kiss a B&M 4D goodbye


This kind of makes me worried about some of the rides at SFMM... hopefully X2, Riddler (though it's likely), Goliath, and Tatsu (very unlikely) stay far away from the list. And for SFOG, I don't want their Goliath on the list either (though it's very unlikely, since it's the signature ride of SFOG).

As of this moment, SFMM has submitted Deja Vu into the list (Goliath at SFNE) and SFGAm also submitted a coaster, Iron Wolf (Apocalypse at SFA). Now Bizarro (SFGAdv) may be removed as well. So here's some speculation from yours truly (with the bold meaning confirmed and italic meaning rumored):

SFMM: Deja Vu, Scream, and Riddler
SFGAdv: Bizarro... not so sure about the others
SFOT: Mr. Freeze, Flashback, and Pandemonium
SFOG: Georgia Scorcher... IDK about the others on this one either
SFGAm: Iron Wolf, Superman: Ultimate Flight, and Rajin' Cajun

I'm not sure that I like the concept of this that much. Some of the rides listed above (SFOG, SFMM) are either ones I like, or are ones (or ONE) that I haven't ridden yet, however I was in the park.

It should be interesting though to see where these rides end up (or if these rides even get moved). I'm also curious as to wondering what SFGAdv has in mind for Bizarro's plot. Could we be seeing another Wing Coaster or something new entirely (or even one of the other rides listed above)?

No comments: