Friday, June 24, 2011

Intimidator and Intimidator 305

It's been a while since I last posted. Why? Because I went up north (I'm in Pennsylvania now), and while I was at it, I went to Carowinds and Kings Dominion: Yes, I rode Intimidator and I305.

So first off, Intimidator at Carowinds:

I really loved Intimidator at Carowinds (went on it 3x)... probably the best hypercoaster I've ridden (tied with Goliath at SFMM with its epic drop). Definitely the best in the park (tied with Nighthawk, a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, which I've ridden 2x)! =D

Seriously, if you love coasters and are going up north, you need to try this ride! It's so fun and I adore the airtime! This really makes me wish we Floridians have a B&M or Intamin Hypercoaster! >=( Oh well...

My rating: 5-Star (4 if you go in the back, but 5 in total) (and that goes for Nighthawk too).

Intimidator 305:

So you thought Intimidator at Carowinds was fun... wait until you see I305. If you haven't ridden this ride... ride it now!

I305... let's see what it has. Awesome drop, a very intense first turn that makes you gray/black out, probably the best airtime I have found on a coaster yet... yep, I loved it!! =D This is the only coaster (other than X2 at SFMM) that gets a 6-Star from me and you know what 6-Star means... the best coaster yet (tied with X2)! =D

This coaster blows away any coaster in Florida (yes, even SheiKra). The first turn was so intense that I had to close my eyes and other parts of the ride were intense too. The first airtime hill (the one that goes under the lift) has the best airtime I had on a coaster. I am now officially in love with both B&M and Intamin! <3 And after riding I305, I am very excited as to what Hersheypark is building for 2012.

It's not just the coaster though: the entire park was all sorts of fun too! I liked Carowinds quite a lot, but Kings Dominion is tied with Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Six Flags Magic Mountain as the best park I've visited. The only coaster that was "meh..." to me was Anaconda. I like the drop into the tunnel, but otherwise it could be way better. Otherwise:

I305 > Anything coaster wise that is not X2 or itself
Volcano > Montu
Dominator > Kraken
Shockwave > Riddler's Revenge (surprise, surprise! But Shockwave is not as bad as people are claiming)
Flight of Fear = ROTM (they are both awesome)

Their woodies are also cool too!

Kings Dominion is such a fun park and you need to hit this park now! =P =D

No comments: