Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Terminator Replacement Rumors

From Screamscape:

2014 - Avatar 4D - Rumor - (11/24/10) Over the last few weeks I’ve been hearing whispers of a possible attraction concept in the works to replace Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Hollywood. Ironicly enough, today the LA Times also reported that T2:3-D in Hollywood is on the short list of attractions on the chopping block over the next few years. The Orlando version of the attraction has also been rumored to be up for replacement as well for the past few years.
If the rumors are true, Universal may be in talks with James Cameron once again about creating a new 4D attraction, this time based on the Avatar film series. Yes… I said series. There are now two more films in the works, tentatively planned to be shot back to back and released in 2014 and 2015. The hope is to release the new Avatar attraction into the parks in time to take advantage of all the hype these two films generate, so I’d look for it to open by Summer 2014 if they go through with it.


While I'd rather see an Avatar ride than a show, I'm all for any kind of Avatar attraction (the film was epic, when I saw it back in February)! =D

So now Terminator's removal actually makes sense now (the main reason why I doubted this rumor was that the replacement would be Transformers, which I could not see replace T2. I can see Transformers replacing Disaster or Twister). I wouldn't be surprised to see an Avatar attraction in the future (the film is the highest grossing film in the world). I think Universal will do this right! =)

As for Terminator, while I don't care for the attraction these days, I guess I'm going to have to watch it one last time this Thanksgiving when I go, just in case they remove it in the near future.

Now if only they burn Fear Factor down soon...

No comments: