Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Six Flags Over Georgia Review - 2017 (and to an extent, 2011)

So I've visited Six Flags Over Georgia twice. Both times came in band trips: one time being in my first year of marching band going to BOA, the other time being in my final year of marching band going to the Peach Bowl.

The first time on October 30, 2011 I did:

1-Goliath (B&M Hypercoaster)
2-Acrophobia (Intamin Gyro Drop/Tilting)
3-Mindbender (Schwarzkopf Looper)
4-Batman: The Ride (B&M Inverted Coaster)

This most recent time on December 30, 2017 I did:

1-Georgia Scorcher (B&M Stand-Up Coaster)
2-Dare Devil Dive (Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter)
3-Goliath (B&M Hypercoaster)
4-Superman Ultimate Flight (B&M Flying Coaster)
5-Batman: The Ride (B&M Inverted Coaster)
6-Goliath (2nd time) (B&M Hypercoaster)

I need to visit this place when it's not a band trip lol. It's just with the limited time and long lines, I can only do so much. But this is a really nice park.

Goliath is another amazing B&M Hypercoaster. I especially enjoyed the double helix by the main entrance; very unique for a hyper where you would expect an over-banked turn, or a "hammerhead." One of the more intense ones I've ridden! The most recent time though, I had to put myself in layers since it was very cold in Atlanta. I had to put some kind of headgear on to keep me warm, and I almost lost that headgear because of the intensity of that ride LOL. 😂 It's a VERY fun coaster! I rode it 2 times last time!

Unfortunately I never noticed the tilting feature that much on Acrophobia. I still enjoyed it, even though I didn't get to go on it last time. Falcon's Fury, though, makes it look like child's play.

Now Mindbender was a pretty fun coaster if I recall right. I was unable to go on it last time, but the first time I remember it going through some woods. Those types of coasters appeal to me. I was a little disappointed I wasn't able to do it this time around. Batman: The Ride was the second Batman clone I've ridden (the first was at SFMM; the third and most recent was at SFGAdv). The first time I was there, the wait was insane. Trapped in the middle of a slow-moving switchback room, wondering if I was going to be able to do it. This time, I didn't even have to go into the room, so the wait was much less.

Georgia Scorcher was one of the rides I've gone on for the first time in the Peach Bowl trip. It was a nice compact Stand-Up coaster, and it is also the last Stand-Up built. I actually really enjoyed those types of coasters. I also rode Dare Devil Dive for the first time, which opened the first year I went to SFOG. I really enjoyed this coaster compared to the other Euro-Fighter I rode (Mystery Mine which was pretty nice too) maybe because it has lap bars. It gives you a sense of free-flying.

Superman Ultimate Flight here was the second version of the coaster I rode, the first one being at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2012. It broke down at one point in line, but it was worth it! I didn't realize how awesome these flying coaster clones are. Of course they were amazing, but this made me remember better!

I actually saw the construction of Twisted Cyclone, the new RMC conversion of Georgia Cyclone, so as you'd imagine, I got excited and took pics.

Overall, I actually really enjoyed the park both times I was there. Simply hanging with a group of young band members, from high school to college, was very fun, and the rides were high quality! Hopefully I can visit again real soon, especially with Twisted Cyclone now open! 😁

No comments: