Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Europe Trip 2014

Tomorrow, I will fly to Europe and stay there for the next few weeks. I've talked about this before, but plans have changed a bit when it comes to the parks particularly. You may recall the post from May that I will be going to Thorpe Park and Heide Park. But we will not be going to Thorpe Park this year and instead our European parks will be:

Phantasialand (7/13/14)
Heide Park (7/14/14-7/15/14)

I'm very excited to see these parks, especially Heide Park where I've followed the construction of two of their coasters:

Krake (B&M Dive Machine) - actually did updates on this one on this blog - 2011
Flug der Damonen (B&M Wing Coaster) - 2014

There's also other coasters there like Colossos, an Intamin Plug n' Play like El Toro (so I'm expecting this to rock my world, just like El Toro did), and Desert Race, an Intamin Accelerator, which should be fun. They also have one of the tallest drop towers in the world, Scream, an Intamin Gyro Drop like Drop Tower at Kings Dominion. This one will be 338 ft tall, 3 ft taller than Falcon's Fury at BGT and 33 ft taller than Drop Tower at KD.

Phantasialand looks pretty interesting too. It seems more like a Universal "theme" park than a coaster park, but it surely has some of the most unique looking rides around. I like the log flume they opened this year, Chiapas (made by Intamin), which has a very unique system especially for a log flume. They have Black Mamba, a B&M Inverted Coaster, known as one of the best themed B&Ms in the world; Mystery Castle, an indoor drop tower (Intamin Bungee Drop); Talocan, a HUSS Top Spin like Crypt at Kings Dominion except much more themed, and from the looks of it, a bit more thrilling too; and some more.

So there are already two parks that will make this trip thrilling!

The America portion of the trip has changed a bit too, with Kings Dominion and BGW being taken out. Now the parks will be:

Dollywood (8/4/14)
Carowinds (8/5/14)

Dollywood has Wild Eagle, a B&M Wing Coaster that I followed the construction of in 2012; Mystery Mine, a part indoor/outdoor Gerstlauer Eurofighter with some incredible theming; Thunderhead, a GCI Wooden Coaster; and many more.

Carowinds, I've already visited in one of my trips (2011), twice actually. We skipped it in 2012, so it's great to be back in this park again! I also think it will be cool to see construction on the Giga coming next year (and yes, I'm definitely going to Carowinds in 2015. I must ride that Giga as soon as possible).

So there you go, the next few weeks are going to be super fun in my opinion. I will post a review of the European parks once I come back, while after the America trip, I will post a review on Dollywood and Carowinds. See you guys in a few weeks.

No comments: