Monday, June 2, 2014

Breaking News: Colossus at SFMM to Close August 16!

Just found this out on Theme Park Review (picture courtesy of bostonlva):

colossus.jpg

Colossus at SFMM will close August 16! This just came in an hour or so ago.

If rumors are true, we can expect Iron Colossus to come by 2015/2016. I do wonder now if they are going to just open it for 2015. It really wouldn't make much of a difference since Iron Rattler was worked from August 2012 to May 2013, and it was ranked just as high, if not higher than New Texas Giant.

If it opens in 2015, that means we have THREE RMC rumors for next year:

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Iron Colossus
Six Flags New England: Iron Cyclone
Six Flags Great Adventure: Custom RMC

I believe 2015 could definitely be the year where RMC builds three coasters. The fact that RMC has a bright future ahead makes me very happy, and hopeful that we will see one in Florida soon.

I unfortunately haven't ridden Colossus yet (I point this out because I did visit Six Flags Magic Mountain in Winter 2010. I rode X2, Viper, Revolution, Batman, Riddler, Tatsu, Scream, and Goliath). I do think, however, next time that I'm at SFMM, Iron Colossus will be a must-do.

No comments: