Friday, May 2, 2014

Summer 2014 Trip

While I have yet to have official plans for this, I think there's a safe bet that I will be going to a trip again this summer. It will be an out-of-state trip, but which one: driving in the north like in 2011 or 2012, or an international trip to Europe like in 2010? ...or even both?

The answer is both.

By far the best summer trip I think I will have yet, it will take place from the beginning of July to the beginning of August. It will first involve a flight from Miami to Zurich (why Miami? Orlando doesn't go to Zurich), a tour of Switzerland. Then Paris, London, and Amsterdam. Then a flight back to New York from Frankfurt and a trip down South like the "driving in the north"-style trips. That means, new theme park opportunities!

All Out-of-state Summer Trips with theme parks (not counting the California winter trip):

2010:
Europa Park

2011:
Carowinds
Kings Dominion
Cedar Point

2012:
Busch Gardens Tampa
Kings Dominion
Hersheypark
Cedar Point
Six Flags Great Adventure

Unfortunately, we could not go to such places in 2013, as we were busy with our expensive moving from Pembroke Pines to Oviedo as I prepared for my first semester at UCF. I was able to get new credits in 2013, but only two at Fun Spot America in September: White Lightning and Freedom Flyer.

But this summer, we're back to traveling!

So what parks?

2014:
Universal (doesn't count as a trip since we're right there, but I think we should start the trip there with a full day)
Thorpe Park
Heide Park
Kings Dominion (the only park from the north trips that we're going this year)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Dollywood

So the new ones are Thorpe Park, Heide Park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Dollywood. That also means that, unless something goes incredibly wrong at the park, there will be 3 B&M Wing Coasters (the company's newest model) that will be in the journey. I've always wanted to try one of these, and now I finally will in this trip; not one but THREE (Swarm, Flug der Damonen, and Wild Eagle). I've mainly followed at least two of them in my blog, Wild Eagle and Swarm. Other coasters in our expedition?

Krake, the dive machine I followed a while back at Heide Park. Verbolten, the addition at Busch Gardens Williamsburg that I also followed until it opened in 2012. Griffon also in BGW, a Dive Machine almost like SheiKra that I've always wanted to try. Apollo's Chariot also in BGW, the first Hypercoaster built by B&M. Colossus in Heide Park, currently the tallest wooden coaster in the world now that Son of Beast is gone, and also an Intamin Plug n' Play like El Toro (my favorite wooden coaster EVER!). Colossus in Thorpe Park, a 10-inversion coaster. And many other new additions, as well as some of my favorite coasters in Kings Dominion, like Intimidator 305, Volcano, and Dominator.

This summer, I will expand my Europe coaster collection. At this point, the only true park in Europe I went to (not counting Conny-Land. Fun place, but Cobra didn't open, so it didn't have any coasters) is Europa Park in Rust, Germany. By far one of my favorite theme parks, combining themed attractions and kick-ass coasters. Now I will add another German park (Heide Park) and an English park (Thorpe Park). I will also complete the 2 main parks of Virginia; I already did Kings Dominion, and now I will do Busch Gardens Williamsburg, let alone WITH KD). I will also finally go to Dollywood, a park that always intrigued me.

I'm also very excited about the non-theme park places we will visit, particularly Paris. Lately I've been getting into Disney's 1996 animated film, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," featured in 1482 Paris centered around the Notre Dame cathedral (where a hunchback child named Quasimodo was kept). Obviously it is a fictional piece (also based off a book by Victor Hugo, whose museum I plan on visiting), but Notre Dame almost seemed like the real thing in Paris. I would be pretty excited to finally see the real cathedral. I also am excited to see the Eiffel Tower (the real one not the KD one XP). In Amsterdam, I also would love to see the house where Anne Frank hid from the Nazis. I was always into World War II and the stories (even the malicious horrors like what happened in the Holocaust). I'm also excited about seeing London.

So could this 2014 summer trip be one of, if not the, best coaster trips yet. I would say YES! Not to mention, since in 2013 we couldn't go anywhere, this trip will definitely be welcomed! I really can't wait until this trip takes off! Just two more months!!

No comments: