Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Falcon's Fury Rising + BGT 2015 Rumors

So what's going on in the Busch Gardens frontier?

A few days ago on November 18th, the base piece for Falcon's Fury was installed!


According to BGTFans, the second piece is already in the self-propelled trailer, which indicates that this next piece will be installed Thursday or Friday. Sounds like Falcon's Fury is beginning to rise into the sky! I'd expect the ride to be done when Santa comes to town!

As for 2015, from bobwadd at Orlando United:
I have been able to confirm that Gwazi will be demo'd in the spring of 2014. Still working on info for it's replacement.
Gwazi is now supposed to be demolished in the spring as opposed to the end of the year as before mentioned. This certainly locks in for a Summer 2015 opening.

However, there is a new wild card into the equation. One word: POLERCOASTER


What exactly is a "PolerCoaster"? It is a new design by US Thrill Rides/S&S that features a large tower that can extend beyond 500 ft with glass elevators and an observation deck on top, including retail/restaurant space. It also includes an S&S El Loco style coaster wrapping around the tower.

How exactly is this involved with BGT's 2015 rumors? At this point, three installations have been confirmed: one for Las Vegas standing 650 ft tall, one for the LakePoint Sporting Community around the Atlanta area standing 325 ft tall (opening 2015)... and one for Florida standing 525 ft tall (also opening 2015). It would begin with an inversion on the top and would have a length of 8000 ft. This monstrosity will take the title for the tallest coaster in the world. "Okay, I still don't get, what does this have to do with BGT?" Bobwadd from Orlando United reports an interesting rumor that the PolerCoaster for Florida could very well end up rising at BGT:

All I'm saying is a little birdie  chirped something about BGT regarding a PolerCoaster
This is just my honest opinion... I honestly don't know if I believe this just yet. This system just doesn't seem right for Busch Gardens, except if they theme it to an animal climbing to the treetop, and the observation deck being themed to a view from the top of the tree. I can think of one benefit though: with the addition of a thrill ride, there will also be an addition of a calm and gentle observation tower which is another thing BGT needs (calm rides).

I love the concept of a PolerCoaster, and I'm excited see it in Florida... but BGT just doesn't seem right for it. I'd rather have an Intamin Plug n'Play or a B&M/Intamin Giga than a PolerCoaster in Busch Gardens. Plus, if it has an inversion (like what they're saying), I'll be a little disappointed. I love inversions, but BGT has ENOUGH. We need AIRTIME! I also think the ride seems way to priced for BGT. If anything, I can see this amazing creation go up in I-Drive somewhere (possibly a project conducted by Merlin, or even one of the Fun Spot parks).

You never know though, this could very well be the rumored Gwazi replacement. I'm sure whatever comes, I'll enjoy it! But we'll see what happens in the next few weeks...

Stay tuned!

No comments: