Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm A Proud UCF Knight+My Dream Park

Hey everyone, once again I neglected the blog, over a YEAR. This is one of my most prized possessions and I shouldn't be neglecting it like this.

But with that said, as of now I am a Freshman in college (UCF - Go Knights!) going for the Civil Engineering degree, so it will be difficult to update my blog. However, I think I will make a commitment to try and post every month (at least three times).

I have also finally started designing my theme park that I will build in the future. South Florida has some quality places: South Beach, Miami, great shopping districts, other great beaches, great nighttime entertainment, etc. The only thing South Florida lacks is a quality theme park, the closest one(s) being three hours away in Tampa/Orlando. Now, I live in the Oviedo area now, but I would still love a theme park in South Florida, for that reason. And that is what I am designing now.

My park is apocalyptic-themed. No this won't be the occasional "zombie theme park" that some keep hearing (though it will have zombies). Some of this park will be inspired from Universal Orlando, Busch Gardens, and Europa Park (theming wise) and combined with high speed roller coaster thrills found in Cedar Point and other Cedar Fair parks, as well as Six Flags parks. There is a big division in the theme park universe: theming vs. thrills. I am intending this apocalyptic-themed park to combine BOTH aspects (theming AND thrills). Europa Park serves as a great example of this: they have an abundance of amazing coasters and they combine it with heavy theming and dark rides. This will be much more special then just a "zombie theme park."

This apocalyptic-themed park will have 7 sections: Hollywood, Rocky Mountains, New York, La Palma, Africa, Europe, and Asia. Some of my coasters will include an B&M Giga (themed to a meteor impact), a Rocky Mountain woodie (themed to the Big One - an earthquake that is supposed to devastate Los Angeles), a unique Intamin hyper coaster/dark ride combo combining I305 and Expedition Everest (themed to Yellowstone), an Intamin strata (themed to Cumbre Vieja and the megatsunami that will strike the eastern seaboard), and other coasters like a Premier Shuttle (like Superman Ultimate Flight in SFDK), B&M Dive Machine, dueling MACK LSMs, B&M Inverted (similar to Banshee in Kings Island), B&M Wing Coaster, as well as dark rides such as a Godzilla ride (like Indiana Jones in Disneyland), a shooter ride (like MIB in Universal), and a 3D thrill ride (similar to what has been seen on Spider-Man and Transformers). There will also be flat rides like a HUSS Giant Frisbee, a drop tower, and many more (yes, there will be water rides).

Of course, we gotta have stuff for the little kids too. While the park itself sounds scary being apocalyptic-themed, to cater to the families this park will need a kids area, as well as many family rides scattered throughout the park, like a spinning coaster from MACK, family dark rides, and small flats like the scrambler. It will be themed "apocalyptically" but at the same time cater to families of all ages. Additionally, this park would have a new resort hotel and shopping district

The name of the park may sound stupid at first, but thinking about it, it fits the theme of the park nicely:


APARKALYPSE


Basically, take "Apocalypse" and replace the "poc" with "park."

I even thought of a great location for the park at this point. South Florida still has plenty of space for a theme park, mainly in the area around I-75 and the Homestead extension of the turnpike. What I am looking at is the HUGE plot to the southwest corner of that intersection. No water retention, no land buyouts (as opposed to the northwest corner which I was originally looking at). Plus it will bring plenty of attraction to an otherwise poor looking area (as well as new jobs for South Floridians):


This plot is 2927.28 acres. It's big enough for not only a theme park, but plenty of new shopping districts and resorts (of course, keeping the apocalyptic theme). The only difficulty is traffic, and flow from the Florida Turnpike and I-75. A few adjustments, as well as the addition of a highway in the southern section of the plot, will do the trick.

Additionally, I said it will bring "plenty of attraction to an otherwise poor looking area." I was also talking about the areas in the southern section, around US 27 and NW 138th St. I think with the addition of a new apocalyptic-themed complex, this area will thrive into a new Intl Drive-like district (like what Walt Disney World did to International Drive).

Thus, I think the addition of a theme park in South Florida will not only be a great addition to an already thriving metropolitan area, but it will also bring in great benefits to this area as well. I will try posting ideas of Aparkalypse in the coming months. I have plenty of ideas already! :)

No comments: