Friday, August 12, 2011

Canada's Wonderland Track/Supports On Site

Along with my huge group of updates to my blog today, I wouldn't forget Canada's Wonderland, especially at this moment:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38407&start=1940#p1073216

Track is on site as of today, and the track confirms that this ride will be made by B&M.

August 8, 2010 - Aqua blue/teal supports started showing up in the employee parking lot.

August 10, 2010 - Dark blue column supports started showing up.

August 12, 2010 - Aqua blue/teal track (looks like a B&M) arrived on site.

While these days, I'm starting to get into Intamin, B&M is a cool choice too! =) But now I'm confused...

Recently, I was really leaning towards an Intamin Giga or "Giga-Blitz", but now there are rumors that the ride will actually go towards the front of the park! There are also those rumors of a coaster taller than Behemoth, possibly 300 ft! This makes me wonder if B&M is making their first Giga Coaster.

I remember about a year ago when some concept art for Six Flags Dubailand was posted, and it showed "the Dubai Giant." This is when interesting things start coming in from Chris at Amusement Insider:

I'm really surprised they publically posted this, because I'm certain it was probably not in their right to do so. Well, if they're going to post, I might as well too - I can confirm that the tallest hyper coaster in the back of the park was contracted to be a B&M that stood 328' tall.


I wonder if this new B&M concept will come back to life at Canada's Wonderland. I know they just built their first new design in years (Wing Coaster - 2011), but you never know. In 1998, they built their first Dive Machine (Oblivion at Alton Towers), and in 1999 (their biggest year yet) they built two new models: the hypercoaster (Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg) and the floorless coaster (Medusa (now Bizarro) at Six Flags Great Adventure). Now back then, the economy was good and today the economy isn't doing to well, so that might make a difference. But once again, you never know.

Either way, with B&M in the mix, things are starting to get REALLY interesting! Only 5 days left to go though, so you just hold your horses... =P

No comments: