Friday, May 27, 2011

Port Aventura 2012

Over the past few months, I heard a rumor that Port Aventura, a park in Spain, could be building a new coaster for 2012 made by B&M. On the list of B&Ms on Wikipedia, someone even listed Port Aventura getting one for 2012 a few months back. Now it seems to be all but confirmed that the park is getting a B&M Hypercoaster.

Let me just say this: Silver Star at Europa Park will most likely be losing its record for the tallest B&M in the world. From Santiago at PACommunity (I guess this is translated?):

Well Guys, I have enough confirmed information already!,
and could say it's official (and not tell you because I know, but at this point, little can keep a secret).

SUPPLIER: Bolliger & Mabillard
OFFICIAL NAME OF PROCEDURE IN PA and Bolliger & Mabillard: Hyper Coaster Attraction
Camel humps: 5
1 Helix
1 CURVE AWESOME
1 tunnel
and as someone pointed out there: effects of water
HEIGHT: 80 METERS
LENGTH: 1500-1600 METERS

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRM THIS WITH SEVERAL SOURCES.

TOMORROW MAY BE THE SUBJECT OF THE TRAINS AND THEIR DISPOSAL, BUT OS AVANZO ALREADY MOUNTED IN OTHER ATTRACTIONS OF B & m


80 meters = Approximately 262 ft.
1500-1600 meters = Approximately 4921-5249 ft.

From zack_90 at ThemeParkReview:

New data, according to Santiago in PA-Community.com:

V train and the speed will be 135km/h.


135 km/h = Approximately 84 mph.

I wonder what they mean by the V train... could we be seeing another one of those trains that Cedar Fair implemented on Behemoth (Canada's Wonderland), Diamondback (Kings Island), and Intimidator (Carowinds), with staggered seats.

The coaster will be in the Chinese section of the park and will travel right next to Dragon Khan, their other B&M (Sit-down model).

I'm already loving this project. I enjoyed Silver Star, and Intimidator is one of my favorite coasters that I haven't ridden yet. Goliath at SFMM (Giovonala) was awesome too! This is making me drool...

No comments: