Monday, February 14, 2011

Neutron Crisis Returns

From Screamscape:

2012 - Despicable Me & Kong 360 - Rumor - (2/14/11) Screamscape sources tell us that the license rights for Universal Studios Florida to use the Jimmy Neutron character will quickly run out. As such, we may see the Neutron ride close down sometime in Spring or early Summer, as the last hold-over from the old Nickelodeon days. A new attraction great animated family attraction is reported to be in the works to replace it based on Universal’s own Despicable Me film, which I’m sure will be full of those crazy Minions. (I just gotta love the Minions. I think they may be a distant relative of sorts to Screamie…)
On another note, there is another small rumor floating around the Net today claiming that a version of King Kong 360 – 3D is rumored to possibly replace Disaster. While I know this is something I’ve talked to a few people about myself over the past few months, my sources had pretty much confirmed that the powers that be had other fish to fry at the moment (Neutron, Terminator 2, etc) and any plans for Kong were off the table until those issues were handled first.
Still… Kong was quite popular in Hollywood, where the only complaint I’ve heard was that it was much too short of an experience. As part of the whole Backlot Tour experience however, they could get away with Kong being only a 90 second experience. Somehow I think the Orlando crowd is going to want something a little longer if they were to do it.


Ouch... guess this means I'm going to restart "SAVE JIMMY NEUTRON!!" again. =( But I wouldn't mind Despicable Me. If Neutron goes for the better, than so be it. I still rather they keep Jimmy and update it than remove it.

Disaster however can go, because it just lost its touch. I'd take Kong over that any day.

No comments: