Monday, September 19, 2011

New Drop Tower for BGT 2012/2013?

From Screamscape:

2012 / 2013 - Drop Tower - Rumor - (9/19/11) I’m not sure how serious this rumor is, but someone is claiming that the park’s Sand Storm flat ride could be replaced by a new 200 foot drop tower ride, possibly very similar to the Mach Tower ride that just opened in Williamsburg last month. Anyone know more?


I've actually discussed the possibility of the next ride for BGT being a Drop Tower (before Cheetah Hunt was announced). I made an idea for a drop tower right next to SheiKra.

As for the rumored location... IDK. It would look pretty cool in the Sandstorm area, however I hope Sandstorm gets relocated to another part of the park like BGW's Catapult (which got removed for Mäch Tower). It is a very fun ride! However, I would welcome a drop tower to the park. Like I said, BGT lacks in flat rides. They have Phoenix (which I've actually ridden recently, and I really liked it), Ubanga Banga Bumper Cars (another fun ride), Sandstorm (fun ride, but rumored to get removed), and Caravan Carousel (pretty self-explanatory). It would be really cool to drop from a height as tall as (if not taller than) SheiKra. I also wonder if this means new theming in the Timbuktu area (like what happened with BGW's Oktoberfest). That would be neat!

If this is true, I'm predicting a height taller than 200 ft (unlike what Screamscape reported), and the maker being either Intamin or Moser (the reason why I brought up Intamin was this: what if BG didn't like Moser after all the problems with Mäch Tower last summer? But you never know). If Intamin, it will probably be a Gyro (Drop Tower at KD)/Giant Drop (Drop Tower at Carowinds) design.

Hopefully we do get a drop tower, as it would be a perfect addition to the park! I still want a B&M Hyper, Flyer, and a Spider-Man/DarKastle type ride though (as well as more Intamin rides)! ;)

No comments: